Hopefully I was able to decipher most of the email addresses and get them typed in correctly.
It was great to see so many of you at the meeting this afternoon. I was excited to see many of you back from last year and I was also stoked to see so many new faces. I think it is going to be a great winter.
Just in case you missed the meeting, I have attached the information that we handed out to everyone. I have also posted the meet schedule at www.davisindoortrack.blogspot.com
Here are the things that I went over in the meeting:
1. It is a great time to be part of the Davis Track & Field program:
- We have a brand new track this year (a huge upgrade from what we have been training/racing on)
- We are working toward a 'threepeat' for both the boys and the girls when it comes to the state outdoor championships
- We have a great senior class (the best senior class in the history of senior classes)
- We have a knowledgeable, experienced, good-looking coaching staff
2. Be passionate about what we are doing.
- Even if this is not your primary sport.
- All levels of athletes are invited to work with us.
- It is about being your individual best - not about being the world champion in your event
- Everyone is working together to get to the next level - whatever level that is.
- Have a good attitude and stick with it.
3. Other important reminders:
- Lockers will be handed out next week if you need one.
- Bring warm clothes every day - we will be outside whenever the weather will permit
- The cost of indoor track is $25 this year - please make checks to 'Davis County Running Club' and bring the money directly to Coach Talley by Tuesday, December 18.
Practices this week:
Wednesday - meet in the cafeteria at 2:45
Thursday - meet in the cafeteria at 2:45
If you decide you would not like to do indoor track, and don't want to be on this email list, please let me know.
If you are getting the emails, but you are only planning on doing outdoor track - just ignore the emails for now.
If you know of anyone who would like to join, but wasn't at the meeting - invite them to come and talk to me.
If your parents would like to receive the emails, let me know and I will add them to my email list.
That's a lot of information to begin with - don't feel overwhelmed - just take it one day at a time.
Have fun and work hard.